View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 12:06 PM

Haven't hunted wolves for years ,but when i did i would get my hands on couple whole beaver and drag them slowly behind my snow machine. Always coming back and forth like the center of a cut pie to one specific spot which would be the center of the pie or center point to shoot at. On a ground hole nail that beaver in with 8 inch nail then add your water to freeze it in.

Few spruce branches and a decent large tree to cover up your body image and shot from there. Check your forecast on the wind ,sometimes it shows the same wind for a long period. If you got a good blind then use it,i prefer no blind, that's just me i hate even a fishing tent or shack unless it's drops below -20.

I would sometimes dig a hole in the ice or ground and freeze the beaver in that hole with only a couple inches sticking out or the frozen chunks the odd time.

Just go slow and let them beavers roll behind your machine and avoid getting off as least as possible.

If there are wolves around which you will cut the odd track traveling just sit and wait back at the middle of your pie hole where all your snow machine tracks meet or center of the x, i also had another two spots or more to sit if the wind is different that day. Which ever clothing you wear for handling your bait ,wear that same stuff .

Not sure of the laws or regs out your way so double check. Always know your background where you shoot or what is beyond it. First thing i do is make sure wolves are around. There are other things you can drag, just use what will attract a wolf's nose.

I've used drags then nailed them just high enough in a tree so it won't get removed.

GOOD LUCK
JD