View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 11:51 AM

Ironically one of the weirdest buying experiences I ever did was out in Kitscoty.

Guy was selling a truck. It wasn’t a smoking deal but it was a truck I had been after for awhile. Ad has been up for maybe an hour, Friday morning. I had the day off work, so I call the guy and say I’m interested and I would drive out to buy it cash today. Seller says ok well I have already gotten a ton of attention on this and multiple people saying the same thing.

I take a seriously leap of faith and send a $1000 deposit to hold it. The guy then tells me someone else sent a deposit and first guy to drive out there would get the truck. WTF? Do you know what a deposit means?

Anyway, I raced out there and got the truck. But I kept thinking how ****ed I’d be if I was that other guy who sent a deposit and tried driving out only to be told sorry someone else was there before you! I’m sure they sent his deposit back but still what a screw around.

Then I’m driving the truck home. I notice I have multiple calls from the seller. I’m thinking maybe they forgot something in the truck… turns out I forgot to give them the bank draft for the truck. They thought they’d gotten scammed good from some kid from Edmonton. Boy were they ever relieved to see me again and hand that cheque over! Lol