View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 02:33 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Like I always say, what I post is not advice, just what I am doing myself. Everyone has to do their own research and match stuff to their situation and risk tolerances. That said, personally I have sold off the vast majority of my Tech exposure and rotated that money into other sectors. I am not looking to buy back into Tech any time soon given the current trend in that area. I have never held any tech stocks as part of my long term buy and hold portfolio, tech has always been short term for me. Tech doesn't pay dividends, is very volatile and regularly subjected to market disrupting inventions and new technologies. None of these things make for a great long term safe hold with good growth since dividend growth and reinvestment is such a huge part of the success of long term buy and hold stocks.
How do you feel about metal and mining right now? Things like copper, gold and silver seem to continually be on the rise and only going to be more important as we move ahead for the near future anyways is what I am thinking.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23