Thread: Prageru
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Thats a good answer Bob, and I agree with you. I like Reuters and AP a lot, BBC not as much but still good. And reading lots of books is good, especially if they challenge your own notions. Sometimes I even change my mind on things.

Thomas Sowell is very conservative, but that isn't automatically a negative thing. Frankly, he is super intelligent, and is always one to make a strong argument for the positions he takes. There are others like him. Occasionally I will listen to someone with a more left leaning 'bent' but generally find myself having a harder time to agree with that position. Notice I didn't say Liberal, I said left. Liberalism in the classic sense I can totally get along with, but most people don't even understand what that means now. Hard to blame people when they associate a dunce like Trudeau with 'liberal', not understanding the older classical sense, only the modern social liberal definition.

A little primer for those who would like to know what classic liberalism is:

https://www.thoughtco.com/classical-...nition-4774941

Anyway, good answer Bob.
I'd say that 'classical liberals' fit most closely with the descriptor 'libertarian'. But that's just my humble opinion.