View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
LOL, reminds me of the time a couple aquaintances went grizzly hunting on the BC coast. Guy with the tag carried a 375 H&H, his buddy carried a 30-30 lever and a tag for blacktails. They unknowingly walked up on a bear, didn't see it until was running straight at them, guy with the 375 emptied his gun and never hit the bear, buddy with the 30-30 whacked it dead as a doornail with one shot in the head, cool as a cucumber.
I don’t know if you watch Meat Eater, but there is an episode where they encounter a sow grizz with two cubs. It’s Steve and his buddy Ryan. Steve is not paying very much attention to the bear, Ryan is applying all of his attention to the bear. The bear comes around some bushes and charges, Steve is caught off guard, didn’t have a round chambered and stumbles over his pack while trying to back away from the bear, while also trying to chamber a round. All Ryan did was plant his feet, bring up his rifle and let one rip as a warning, then immediately worked his bolt as fats as he could. It’s amazing to watch the difference in reaction between the two. I’d say if Steve was all alone he would have been dinner. Ryan was ready and stood his ground. It was responsible of them to do all they could to not actually kill the sow. They were able to stand it down and it went it’s separate way.