Thread: face masks
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 10:25 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
And let's not forget all the efforts to stop drunk driving. Just like the resistance to wearing seat belts, this is another example that education and information are good but not enough.

It's the same with wearing face masks. We need rules, penalties and enforcement.
So where is the enforcement of the traffic act? What's been done about bad drivers?

You repeat the same mantra ad nauseam and you avoid answering the questions that show your stance to be nonsense.

For the rest of you, I found the links, you can too if you want to.

I see how much you research to find support for your arguments, you can certainly find the references I found, if you want to.

I'm not about to waste my time giving you links that you WILL ignore.

But I will give you two. Have fun picking them apart, as I know you will.
Because even official confirmation isn't enough for a closed mind.

From the respiratory medicine publication, "The Lancet"

Not dated but lists references as recent as June 2020
Quote:
Some surgical masks might offer respiratory protection compared with not wearing a mask. Filtering facepiece respirators offer more respiratory protection than surgical masks, and powered air purifying respirator (PAPRs) hoods offer the best protection for most health-care settings.
I find it interesting that they would use the word might in this discussion and that they only seem to be referring to health care settings.

Which begs the question, if they only might offer protection in a health care setting, what is the case in a public setting?

From WHO dated July 2020

Quote:
To date, transmission of SARS-CoV-2 by this type of aerosol route has not been demonstrated; much more research is needed given the possible implications of such route of transmission.
I think this explains the first quote.

I know you will try to explain these quotes away. Because they don't fit YOUR narrative.

George Bernard Shaw