Thread: face masks
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 04:30 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Keg...I really don't get you sometimes...mask wearing is all part of it and that is an acceptable part of this preventative measures to slow down the spread...rebellion as you say is just the minority of poop disturbers is all...stirring the pot....now we have great people working and attempting to earn a living and yes the policy to be in thier area of employment is to wear a mask so smarten up and stop giving them and the system a hard ride....a lot more at stake than just you and I here....if you get caught being a dork then you get a ticket no different then running a stop sign etc....and sorry a lot has been done to reduce vehicle fatalities, heart disease etc....some just choose to continue on making bad decisions and yes it impacts us because it introduces tighter restrictions etc....
It's obvious that you don't get what I'm saying. That's because you assign meaning to what I say that has nothing to do with what I said.

First, at no time have I said people should stop wearing masks. And I did say I wear a mask where appropriate.

Second, on what grounds am I do be ticketed? For not agreeing with the narrative?

Yeah a lot has been done to reduce traffic fatalities, except what needs to be done. Go after the bad drivers.

They've forced seat belt use on us. They've improved roads, they've improved car safety but they've done nothing to address bad drivers.
In fact they've greatly reduced traffic enforcement.
It's gotten so bad that we now have a TV show dedicated to that very subject. That's how little has been done to address the REAL problem.

Get this, I'm not against mask wearing. What I am against is ruining people's lives over what could be dealt with in a gentler manner.

You may not have noticed, a lot of people are under a lot of stress right now.

Many people are cash strapped and barely getting by. Now they want to make those people pay money they don't have to support an initiative that has no science behind it.

Oh sure there have been studies done on mask use, "IN HOSPITALS"
But there is no way there could have been any studies done on mask use by the general public during a pandemic and the authorities admit there hasn't been.

Their own experts have said in the recent past that mask use by the general public is not called for and not likely to be effective.

Once again I go back to the hospitals and seniors centers. If masks are so effective why is there even one staff member in those places infected.

But there is way more then one isn't there? Actually from what I hear there are thousands. Which begs the question, just how effective are masks.

So yeah, wear a mask if you want to, advise people to wear masks if you want to. But stop with the criminalization of health concerns without solid science to back it.

On top of all that, now I hear that masks may be totally ineffective at stopping one from getting infected.

Obviously water in droplets would evaporate in minutes leaving only the virus.
We all know that. But it was thought that the individual virus particles could only survive a couple of minutes without that water to protect it.

Now they say it can survive for days by itself. By itself it only measures .125 microns. And it can remain suspended in air for days.

How is a 2 micron mask going to stop a .125 micron virus?

They say this may be the explanation for what they call super spreader events.

That is pretty much admitting that masks do not protect anyone.

That's not me saying it. It's the supposed experts saying it.

George Bernard Shaw