View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 12:35 PM

Biggest surprise would be my cz452.

Went to the local gun store to look at .22 rifles. Didnt have much knowledge on models at the time. Was considering a .17 as well.

Sales guy was one of the better old timers. Limited selection available in bolt action. Think the only rifle he had was a left hand cz452 lux. Never heard of cz before.

It was 100 or 200 more than the other right handed models but it was slick. I said alright, ill take it. Was $595 or something if I remember correctly.

After owning and shooting it the last 10 years, I bought one of the last cz americans 452s thanks to a member here pointing me in the right direction. Cz makes a great rimfire.

Disappointing, possibly bought a used .25-06 from the classifieds here after reading a single article about .25-06 and elk. I liked the browning abolts at the time, they may have lots of parts, but they feed reliably and are smooth handling. One was posted, nice medallion model with the boss system with convention recoil. Turned out its only a 20" barrel and the boss makes it a 22" which is a little short for this cartridge. None the less, have shot many deer with the 110gr accubond and am happy with performance and low recoil!