View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 07:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Lol up north here I do keep an iron sighted rifle ready for winter calling. There are cold snowy /foggy days where a scopes almost a handicap. Smashing a dog at 80 yards with an iron sighter is super fun
it would be, i got a double with a semi-auto .17 hmr and a red dot and most of the 10 shots went down range on the second one trying to catch up to it

i have probably 20 with .17 hmr but most with a cz bolt gun and on 4x magnification, have a couple doubles with it also

i have given a fair bit of thought to the ruger pc carbine 9mm as a calling rig for something shotgun quick but double the range, replace front sight with the fiber optic one, or look at holosun 507c green dot if funds allowed, use some of the faster 115 gr stuff can get to 100 yrd coyote worthy pbr with an 85 yard zero, would make a great plinker as well, something tells me i'd really like how a 9mm would hit them flea bitten mongrels as opposed to a shotty or a .17 hmr, it would be like a blend of the two

something i've always found important in a calling rig is the ability to one hand the rifle somewhat, so lightweight sporters, and no higher than 4x on the low end for scope for when calling more in the coulees and bush