View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I guess I see things a bit different.

To my mind there is no such thing as my secret spot. Yeah there are places I hunt that only family knows of, but I don't own them. I have no more rights to them then anyone else.

Moreover, even when I haven't shown anyone my favorite spot, others find it, after I made trails into it, and they claim it as their own and tell me to stay to H out.

Really! I've been going there for twenty years, you found it a month ago and you think you have the right to order me off, CROWN LAND!!!

Or worse yet, and this has happened, My BROTHER'S LAND. And not just my brother land, it's the land I grew up on! The nerve!

So I share my honey holes. In part because I know what it's like to have no clue where to start and in part because I know it's only a matter of time before someone finds it and turns it into grande central station.

Don't matter how remote it is or how well I keep it a secret, someone will find it and ruin it. That's just the way it is these days.

Besides, I'd rather a hundred slobs find it then one outfitter. I've had more grief with those operations then any amount of private hunters, and I used to work in that industry. But back then it was run mostly by gentlemen, now it's the worst crooks in the country in charge of most outfitting operations.

I know several old time outfitters, salt of the earth kinda guys, and a couple of new generation outfitters, pond scum kinda guys.

The sad fact is, the whole world is changing. Those kinda guys, the pond scum kind are becoming the norm in all sort of endeavors. Not just outfitting, but private hunters, fishermen, even every day commuters.

It's one of the reasons I will always live in the north. We are and always will be the last place those kinda guys move to.

I feel for you guys that have to live among them.
What a nonsensical post. Yep. Tell everyone where you hunt because eventually pond scum is gonna find it. Makes good sense.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk