View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 06:23 AM

Kegriver I agree portion of your post but don’t at the same time

Crown land is open to all and all have a right to it. I have no issue if someone finds where I hunt on their own. I may pout and walk off if another hunter beats me to it but it is what it is. But when I refer to a hunting spot I am talking max 400yard sq and in most case less than 1/2 of that. I have no problem sharing general locations though but I don’t give up the small pockets I hunt easy. I actually have not had much issues with hunters or outfitters I don’t know regarding location but I avoid others when I start looking for locations theses days

Now if a guy is calling a 50km sq of crown land his spot and trying to keep it secret that doesn’t work too well lol

I have actually had more bad experiences with average hunters then outfitters though but average hunters also out number them. On average when I cross paths with another hunter or an outfitter it’s a respectful experience. Only thing I found with outfitters on average they try to be more hush hush about things unless they realize you know the area really well. But yup had a few bad experiences with both hunters and outfitters over the years. Biggest piece of crap hunter I crossed paths with was an outfitter though

Lived in small northern communities and big cities I have reached the conclusion idiots and good people live in both. With city people there is just more of them so you are bound to find more idiots from the city. I have also met some really scummy people in small northern communities though. I have lived in and worked in small areas where majority of the people were awesome but I know of a couple small communities that are over run with scum

When it comes to the whole hunting spot thing amongst those I hunt with it’s mostly about respect why we have unwritten rules and not about keeping spots to ourselves. We have also helped a lot of rookies with where to hunt as well

As for the city people thing well I can’t live in cities anymore do to the number of people but I know towns of under 2k I can’t stand the people either.