View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
It was a gamble they took and obviously lost, simple as that.

Holland’s team had previously experience with the kid and figured his speed and skill would benefit the current oilers roster so they took a stab at him.

Obviously didn’t work the way they wanted so cut your losses and move on.

I didn’t mind Holland’s signings yesterday, IMO they solidified a solid 3rd line if that’s how they choose to play turris, ennis and puljujarvi.

They gave Athanasiou a total of 9 games. Lol. That’s laughable. I’m thinking he wanted out right away and they kept his displeasure not public and scrambled to get him a trade. What NHL team gives a guy a try for only 9 games especially a guy that scored 30 goals not too long ago. Makes no sense.

puljujarvi I think will do well. One thing is if they do play again it won’t be with fans in the seats so puljujarvi won’t have to worry about getting booed out of the building and can just relax and play the game without worrying about live fan reaction which could be tough.

Side note, Just listening to Shane O’Brien and my hometown boy Scottie Upshall’s podcast right now and they are hearing rumours among the league know it alls that we won’t see NHL till March.

Last edited by 1899b; 10-10-2020 at 10:23 AM.