View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Please explain how RV's have killed all of the game in the Willmore, Blackstone, Siffluer, White Goat, Wapiabi, Ya Ha Tinda, Sheep River, or even the areas where quads are allowed.
thats a very good point i didn't thoroughly consider other than my experience in 402 in which there has been a steady decline in elk populations during the last 30-40 years. that happens to coincide with large amounts of logging, introduction of trikes, then quads, now side by sides using the trails. not to mention the hordes of rv's setting up camps all along the Oldman system during the summer. a massive migration towards the end of november had hundreds of elk moving through that area to get out onto the A7 grazing. that in my experience is largely no more. i think the ungulates are still there, just not the numbers we used to see them as they may have become more widely dispersed according to the pressures of man and predators. another factor is the mining operations on the BC side of the divide might have a large factor in this area. just my thoughts.