View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 08:16 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
You can have a 24ft boat on Cold Lake and get into trouble. Regardless of the size/type of the boat you need to be aware of the forecast/conditions and monitor it often. A bunch of guys fish Cold Lake with Kayaks so anything is do-able.

14ft is a nice entry into owning a boat and can be fished on any water body in this province when the conditions are appropriate. Not to big so you can get into smaller water bodies easier and even switch to an electric for potholes. Can be launched solo. Nice and flexible won’t break the bank.
Yup....had big....downsized for the simple reason of getting on the water made simple.....wife, dog and myself or just myself.....no issues at all...lots of space for gear too....the little 14 foot crestliner has been going strong since 2005....put a 15 Honda on the back and she goes perfect with two in it....putt putt all day trolling and still got half a tank of gas at the end of the day....not a bad choice...
IMG_3553.JPG
This little boat set up has many hours on cold lake and yes it has limitations as did my 18 foot fish and ski boat...eye to the sky and just don't risk it cuz these big open bodies of water can get real angry real quick...had 5 foot waves break over the bow on the big boat..lots of water real fast...thank god for the bilge pumps...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 09-27-2020 at 08:41 AM.