View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Interesting, I too have had the larger boats. Started with an 18 went down to a 16 and after 20yrs have gone done to a 14.

The 14 is a tiller but also a fishing boat not a tinny. It has all the stuff my 16 had, ie: live well storage ect. Handles the wind not bad but I no longer fish my favorite lake in Alberta. Minnewonka. If you have ever been on the far end when the wind comes up you will know wy I won't go with my new tiller.

I went down strickly because as i have continued into my senior yrs. I wanted something easier for me to load and unload by myself that being said it took me quite some time to get handle on driving the boat onto the trailer. Bit diiferent when you are at the back of the boat vs. steering wheel which I miss a lot but the 14ft side consuls are just way too small floor space for me.

As I have gotten used to the smaller boat I appreciate it more. Do I miss the bigger, you bet but I also have to be mindful of my limitations. getting older is not all that bad. Sure beats the alternative.