View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Default 2020 Mountain Caribou Trip

Hey guys.

Well we made it back safe and sounds from our great trip to Northern BC.

Started out by fishing for some outstanding brook trout in a local lake right in the town of Dease lake of your ever in the area it’s worth a quick fish.

We flew out of Dease lake with an outstanding pilot from BCyukon air. Arrived at our lake and switched out with another group of lucky hunters that had harvested 2 nice bulls.

Once we got unloaded we started making camping quickly we found out that this ground was gonna be challenging let alone finding a piece of ground level enough to sleep on. We set up my new Liteoutdoors tipi tent and stove and started making some tarp shelters as the forecast was calling for 7 days of rain.

We set out in our hunts with the use of a sweet 3 person inflatable boat that was a life saver. I found this great Caribou Hunt she’s along our journey.

Literally 5 min after locating these sheds, Raj our BC host turns and looks at us and says Big Caribou Bull I strip my rifle off my pack quickly and take down this gorgeous once in a life time bull.

We quickly start caping and deboning the meat all in the pouring rain the 3 of us packed the bull pack to our boat only 1 mile away.

Was an absolute great trip unfortunately I was the only one to harvest as this was the only legal bull we spotted on our trip.

Until next time.

Thanks here’s a little slide show I put together.

https://youtu.be/0duosP1k4Z4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk