View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
My ruger m 77 was first year production 1971. Does this make a difference in quality? Had another early 77 in 30/06 but thats long gone and I dont know the year.
I have an early 10/22 with tons of rounds through it. When wholesale Sports was going out of business I went there to buy another for my daughter. Quality was so bad I wouldn't buy it no matter how cheap
Mine was a 2006, by the time I sold it I'd done a trigger job, free floated the barrel, and lapped the rings. There weren't too many factory loads that it would shoot 1.5 moa or better.

Eventually the weight became an issue so I got rid of it, but it was a fantastic rifle.

Of the rifles listed, my preference would be a m70 Featherweight... but these often tend to sell for way too much. My Husqvarna 1600's weigh less than a Featherweight, have all the quality of a pre 64 m70, and can be purchased in decent condition for a very reasonable price. They do suffer from a lack of aftermarket parts though.