View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Hopefully in the next CBA, the loophole that allows US college players to become free agents upon graduation gets plugged.

Adam Fox let Calgary know that he had no interest in signing with them. Calgary bundled Fox, Ferland and Dougie Hamilton for Hanafin and Lindholm. I would think that Calgary is liking that trade.

Oilers faced a similar situation with John Marino, getting a 6th rounder from Pittsburg. Right now, that trade is looking pretty lopsided.
I would think Calgary didn't like having to make that trade. Gave up 2 Dmen better than the one they gòt in return and gave up some toughness in Ferland. I like that player.

Lindholm has fit in well but a stud Dman like Fox is an extremely valuable asset. I'd venture Flames really didn't want to lose him because most folks that follow the game closely had him pegged.

Marino's a meh with Jones, Bouchard, and Broberg in the wings and Bear looking like a very strong asset for the future.