View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 06:54 PM

I have owned probably 2 dozen Lunds and have had excellent results and all of them except on beaten up tinner that leaked but it had likely hit many rocks over the course of it's life .... but the rest were dry as a bone.

My experience with Lund customer has been dramatically different as well. I break the buttons off my cover, 3-4 years after owning it - they replaced them, I left the bilge on and it burn out - yup warranty. Any issues I've had have been self inflicted and most of the time they just replace what they find and bill it to warranty. A pleasant surprise from the folks at Riverside in St.Albert.

Is the hull "caved in" or "dented" or just leaking. If it's caved in or dented, they probably have every reason to think you smacked something - I've hit logs at high speed and not even dented the hull. Beat up some waves, never an issue, the only time I got a dent was hitting a dead head 12" under the water which resulted in a crease and long dent but the seams were intact.

Never heard of a wave causing a dent - but who knows - I guess it could happen. And, in that case, if you photograph the dent and there's no abrasion and it looks like a hull collapse - you have a case.

Even with the cheapest crap boats out there I've never heard of a wave denting a hull - but who knows right? I guess it not impossible is it?

Last edited by EZM; 08-11-2020 at 06:59 PM.