View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
That very well could be. I'll have to dig a bit. I'd like to support Canadian companies, but not Chinese manufacturing. The Gibbs Croc spoon is my go to to spoon for trout and salmon species. I like how they don't use treble hooks. The Len Thompson red and white stripe is my go to pike spoon, but I always end up swapping out the treble hooks for a single.
Hate to break it to you guys, but Gibbs has been made in China for the last 3 years or so. At the point it happened Len Thompson was affiliated with Gibbs in some form, I asked them if they had plans to move to China as well and they told me that they had split ways with Gibbs.

Luhr Jenson has also moved to China so I get my Crock style spoons from Lucky Strike or Daredevil these days. The dimpled series actually perform much like the Crock spoons, maintain a very steady wobble through a very wide range of speeds... which makes them less finicky than the original series switching out the trebles for singles without affecting the action.

Either way, we gotta take care of local companies like Len Thompson.

Last edited by Bushleague; 06-24-2020 at 04:44 PM.