View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Calling Floyd an innocent black man is a big part of the problem and is the attitude that is flaming the spark you speak of. The guy was a criminal, a career criminal at that. What would happen if white Americans started protesting about the crimes against them every time they were attacked by a black American? The fact is calling a spade a spade isn’t politically correct and everyone knows it, lots abuse it.

Trump tried to scare people into keeping peaceful with threats so he wouldn’t have to pull out the army and control that mess with force. The people who are rioting would be rioting no matter who was running the country or what they had to say about the situation. To think otherwise is extremely naive.
When I say innocent black man I am referring to the situation that happened that specific night. When you speak of his long criminal past I find that information irrelevant to this situation and what transpired that night. Using a counterfeit bill is not a serious enough crime to end with a man literally suffocated on the street. We have a very accurate account of what happened that night and it can be verified by many sources. To me it is pretty clear something that was terribly wrong went on that night.

Just to be clear I in no way support the rioters. The peaceful protesters I can support. To me that is a scummy thing to do and I hope the all get the book thrown at them. Do what you need to target and punish those who are responsible for the violence, I fully agree with you. Next figure out who is responsible and if any other motives are at play.