Thread: A man’s rifle
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
i have one of these! thank god i am a man

well maybe i have two, maybe i'm twice a man lol

my top two man rifles are a blaser k95 single shot (even has iron sights) and a cz 527 in 6.5 grendel, different spectrums of craftsmanship and horsepower but both all metal/wood beauties, feel awesome as well as look awesome, they are tough to let go of

i have some not so manly rifles also, they are fun to play with, easier to beat on, easier to let go etc.
So you’re another of the fortunate to have a cz527 that you like? I’ve got one in 17Hornet and it’s the poorest made gun I’ve got. Really pretty until you get up close. But all of the metal edges aren’t finished. Bolt feels like it rides in a channel chopped out with a chisel. Each round gets a deep scratch put into it. The clip is metal, but the metal edges are all sharp, it’s really catchy and rough. I took it apart and sanded all the edges and it’s better, but not a lot. Finally got the trigger where I want it and it’s now real close to a Tikka trigger. Doesn’t shoot anything smaller than 2” until you find the accuracy node and then it’s .25” If you get the right day that is and everything’s loaded precisely. Anything less and it’s back to 2” Wanna buy another Cz527?