View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Make sure it's stamped Made in Italy.

Try a few out and see what fits you... Fit is much more important than the brand name. Benelli's are nice but the high rib on them sucks.
Beretta's are not only extremely nice, the are the best handling and most trouble-free gun on the market today. I've got an A390 Super Trap with more than 50,000 rnds though it and it will shoot 3" mags or cheap trap loads all day long. The new AL391 Urika and Urika 2 are my favorite.

There's no need for 3.5" shells. I mostly shoot 2.75" shells, and if you don't think they work on ducks and geese you are welcome to come and hunt with me anytime you want and I'll prove you wrong, before you waste your money on them.

Ill give my opinion on a few popular guns;

Gold- Handle like a 2x4" and unreliable
11-87's - Reliable but heavy and not balanced. Very little felt recoil.
X2 - Not bad but some reliability issues
Mossberg- Cheaper gun, hit and miss. You get what you pay for as far as fit & finish. Not balanced and heavy.
Benelli's - Been shooting them since they came out - Reliable, nice guns but I can't stand the high rib for hunting. A little expensive for an auto-
Franchi - nice if you can find them on sale somewhere
Winchester pumps - avoid at all cost - Unless it's a model 12 in mint condition and you'll resell it to me.

Chokes - Can't go wrong with Briley. But, the chokes that come with higher end autos (benelli, beretta) are good enough for hunting. That's all I use.

If the Beretta's fit you, you absolutely cannot go wrong with them. I think you'd be taking a gamble with any other brand.

Last edited by ABDUKNUT; 07-23-2007 at 08:15 PM.