View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 07:15 PM

I went into the Calgary Shooting Centre this morning after reading the bad news and I felt so empathetic towards them. James was packing away the now-prohibited AR-15s of all descriptions. The staff were hectic and the phone was ringing absolutely relentlessly; it was on constant mode with only the occasional rhythm blip. I had the thought and asked if they could split an AR-15 and sell me the upper so as to save them some losses but James noted that uppers are also now prohibited, which I was not yet aware of or would not have brought up. Damn shame what will happen to those Daniel Defense's and others.

Couldn't make a restricted purchase of something not even on the ban list as the CFC site was intentionally shut down for the day.

I became quite upset when I stopped to consider how many gun store staff will soon be unemployed, not just at CSC but at any gun manufacturer, gunsmith, the customizing shops like Black Box Customs, ranges, etc. People may be burning through less ammo when they can't take certain firearms to the range so that will affect retailers that can survive the initial storm. Those people were fired by the Liberals and by the Governor General.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-01-2020 at 07:41 PM.