View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchip View Post
I've already said I'd like to take a course, we haven't spoken. I know about the one in Bethune and have other commitments. I'm not sure what question you're referring to as all I asked was the difficulty of the exam.

To your other point, I have no desire to do anything trapping related other than to sell whole coyotes which will not change. I am a by the book hunter, study the regs, and carry a hard copy of the regs on every hunt.

I fully intend on reading and studying the manual before taking the test but am worried I'll have difficulty understanding the material as I have no trapping experience (again, no interest - this will not change). I'm asking on an internet forum because I'm the first to admit I don't know everything, this forum in particular because I've found useful information here before.
If I can suggest to take the course. Find a way. If you don’t have any previous trapping knowledge the course will help you to understand the exam, as well as a instructor being there. Not all the trappers courses are two days.

Even though you say you will never trap coyotes that may change when time goes on and you find out that the shot coyotes your selling could bring you more money if they were snared. That’s when taking the course would be helpful knowledge to have.