Thread: Wainwright 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Contrary to what some might think I have no problem with FN carrying out their traditions and harvesting and sharing the animal and so forth.

I do however, think that in this day and age. This can be done by buying a license and waiting for a draw just like everyone else.
If anything, it would give more meaning to the event. Since its only going to happen once every couple years.

Ive hunted at camp wainwright more than most and Ive never heard of the incidents like what has happened in the last 2 years. Is it ignorance or just thinking the rules dont apply to you? I dont know. But it sure is ruining a great thing
I have also hunted the base 5 times prior to this year. I was on the second rifle hunt.

Things have really gone south on this unique area to hunt with the attitudes, bashing, lack of morals, etc. etc.

I witnessed the sense of entitlement this year as a younger, "hunter" brought in his cow moose to register. He could not leave the check in station fast enough. And, he said, I quote " gotta get back out and get as many elk as possible before the whitey's get them"

My hunting partner was standing beside me with the biologists taking the samples. There was a great deal of eyes rolling after that comment.

It was a sad comment that reflects a bad set of values.