Thread: Wainwright 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1414 View Post
Yes sir I would!!!!! You should read up on our treaty’s before you start making accusations. As for cutting antlers up no big deal either for me and I’m sure almost any other First Nation hunter. But again that’s not what was written into the treaty’s and as long as the sun shines the grass grows and the river flows our treaty’s are in effect.
So you would be okay with receiving only the benefits specifically mentioned in the treaty? I have read a few treaties, there is no mention of medical or dental treatment, or university education, or homes with running water, electricity and central heat in them, so if we honor the treaties exactly as written, why should the taxpayers pay for those things for individuals effected by the treaties? And if you read the treaties, several even have a clause that stipulates that the government reserves the right to regulate hunting and fishing as they seem necessary.

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/11.../1100100028803

Quote:
And Her Majesty the Queen hereby agrees with her said Indians, that they shall have right to pursue their vocations of hunting throughout the Tract surrendered as heretofore described, subject to such regulations as may, from time to time, be made by the Government of the country, acting under the authority of Her Majesty and saving and excepting such Tracts as may be required or taken up from time to time for settlement, mining, trading or other purposes by Her Government of Canada; or by any of Her Majesty's subjects duly authorized therefor by the said Government.
So you see, I have taken the time to actually read the texts of a few treaties.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-09-2019 at 06:46 PM.