Thread: Home Brew
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 09:55 PM

Yeast are funny beasts... they adapt to their environment very well and that is a big part of the problem. We mere mortals don't have adequate tools to define 'the environment'. We test all sorts of things and add this and that, but we don't really know what is there and what isn't. Sometimes a tried and trued recipe just doesn't work and we don't know why.

I your particular case, I have great sympathy. I had a similar accident the first time I made meade. I was cleaning my honey extraction equipment and had about a half gallon of 'honey water'. I stuck it in a gallon jug, threw in a bit of bread yeast, stuck a lock on top and ignored it for a few weeks. Racked, stabalised and left to age. The results were absolutely amazing! Last three attempts to recreate have been utter failures. I live in hope

Best of luck.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.