View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuard84 View Post
Thankfully we live in an era of established scientific knowledge, where some things are now proven facts as opposed to opinions.

Perhaps it is also still up for debate whether the sun orbits the Earth?

This is the question I ask people who want to challenge established science.
I think science can answer some things, and miss on others. I mean look at CPR, it’s been changed how many times in the last 25 years? Or the appendix, or tonsils. Both thought useless, now we’re finding out not so much. I think with science you have to approach it with a skeptics attitude, until it’s proven 100% and can’t change.

Also I think this fellow bringing up concerns around autism is off. If your child gets autism from a vaccine, it will most likely be from a severe reaction. In saying that I think everyone should examine the risks involved. The nurse should be able to tell how many people experience a severe reaction to the vaccine. The number will undoubtedly be very low, but the chances of someone dying from measles, mumps, rubella is also extremely low for example. Everyone should weigh the positives and negatives for the vaccines before making a decision IMO.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill