View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
New electronics, stainless steel props, different kicker props, those are definitely not "needs". Replacing batteries that might be perfectly fine is good for peace of mind, but also likely unnecessary. Load test them, replace as necessary, and go use the boat.

The rest of your maintenance items, when you combine the cost you quoted, plus the value of your time, you'd be better off just dropping it off at the dealer and having them do it. Same price, or less, in the end, and you don't lose any of your valuable time doing the work.

I know you're trying to make a point, and it is valid, it takes time and effort, but if you spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars trying to find a boat, you're doing it wrong lol.
You can call props and electronics unnecessary if you wish. I assure you that they are necessary - on my boat. I have already stated that others can maintain their boat however they chose. I will maintain my boats to my standard of safety and fishability.
And getting a dealer to look after most maintenance items is usually a big waste of time and money. Most dealers do not even know how to prop a boat correctly.
The less time spent at the dealer the better. Is that my new boat? Yes. Good, here’s your money. Off to my marine mechanic.