View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawibunga View Post
A person I know, that may or may not have looked a lot like me, has used #6 shot out of the ol 12 gauge to dissuade stray dog from continuing to come into the farm yard back in SK. Said dogs decided very quickly that their own yard didn't make their arse sting with bird shot. Learned behavior, they stopped roaming......

Bears are large mean and tough creatures. Some bird shot in the arse (preferably 3 quick rounds) would certainly not significantly damage or effect it's quality of life. But some loud bangs followed by some intense pain in the arse may result in the teaching that the two legged creature with the fire stick means business! Gunshots are bad etc....

Now I'm not promoting harming our precious grizzly bears. But I certainly wouldn't be opposed to certain teaching techniques....

Rock salt has the same effect with no long term health affects....You can ask the gas thieves....back when people took care of their own problems.
Not that I would have any first hand knowledge but I did hear it from a neighbor who has long since passed away....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.