View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Again, comparing facts to wishes still doesn’t make it true. And Teddy Roosevelt was a drunk. As far as Les Straub goes as an outdoorsman, did you happen to see the episode where he was hunting? Being able to light a fire with sticks and knowing the habits of moose are two totally different aspects of outdoor light.
Teddy Roosevelt, despite being a human with human short comings was a pretty accomplished adventurer, and saw a great many things that we probably won't. I might add, that he was pretty successful at life in general, and probably a great deal sharper, drunk or not than most.

If you saw a buxom girl running through the bush, would you tell people, even if it meant possible ridicule, and tarnishing your reputation?

What if you got back, and everyone just said: "Kurt's high as a kite. It was a bear."? Are you in the habit of mistaking good looking women for wildlife, or vice versa?

Some people get a little more credit from me, than I would afford most.

I don't know if Les Stroud is a great hunter, but he is no dummy and an accomplished outdoorsmen, along with having a good deal of talents. So far, I don't see anyone of his caliber, and experience credibly...err...discrediting him. Anyway, his experience is more about searching for it, based on encounters from people that he trusted.

Supposedly Daniel Boone killed something like that once. Called it a "Yahoo".

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!