View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I sit on the fence leaning/hoping they could be real. I have never found a bear skeleton out hunting, yet lots of ungulates over the years. I too wonder why in today's age of cell cameras, we still see blurry and shaky vids and pics.

There is a ton of backwoods rarely seen by humans in the mountains, maybe they can survive there, maybe they hibernate.

I don't believe the Todd Standings of the world but there are some well known woodsman who say they have had encounters. Teddy Roosevelt was the first real account I read as a kid and got me hooked on the myth. Those guys I believe are credible. Then there is the Patterson film. May be a hoax, if it is, a darn good one that has lasted a long time.

For me, it is a cool Urban myth to follow.
Teddy Roosevelt! Right there, lends a lot of credibility to the legend. Les Stroud, and other guys seem to believe that there is something. Not pretend bushcrafters, and outdoorsmen like myself and others on this site.

I don't know if there still is anything out there, but I'm sure there once was.

I've experienced a couple weird things myself, and heard some good stories that make you wonder.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!