View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Myself personally? Yes I would comment. I would make a formal apology to the people affected because if I was a Law Enforcement Officer, then that would mean that I am supposed to serve the public; not lay false charges against people in order to justify being duped. Mind you, I would also realize that two guys in a pasture with .22's are probably shooting gophers and that there is a very good chance that the person calling in the complaint simply made an error because the mainstream media does their best to panic people and to believe that everyone with a firearm is a mass shooter. There would have been no reason to apologize in the first place because I wouldn't handcuff two guys performing a legal activity based simply on what someone said, drag a family out of their home, arrest people without cause, and then not even have the decency to drive them home after realizing we screwed up forcing a guy to find his way home in the rain at 1:00 am. Some people here think that's just good Police work though....

Because the neighbor called it in as someone shooting at her, I would have her questioned as to exactly where the men were when they shot at her, then I would question her as to why there are no bullet holes in her home. If her story was bogus after being questioned, she would be the one being charged.

I have a feeling that her actions might be used as a template for how to royally mess up someone's life if you don't like them. Seriously, what is to stop anyone from calling in someone with a firearm and claiming that they either shot at them, or that they pointed it at them and threatened to kill them? For the people who think that this was all good and well, I think that they had better put themselves in that man's shoes and question how they would react if the exact same thing happened to them by someone with a grudge. Somehow I doubt they would be so supportive if it was their wife face down in the dirt for over an hour having guns pointed at them. All it takes is to for someone to know that you have a firearm for someone else to claim that you pointed it at them and threatened their life. Better hope you don't live near Strathmore if it happens to you....
It takes integrity to admit that you were duped, and to take action to make things right.