View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
28 nosler is a standard length non belted cartridge and i never said the big mags are really that different from one another at all. Never even mentioned anything close or even implied it as a 28 nosler is not a magnum. What’s your definition of a mag, belted? The standard is usually a belted Holland and Holland type case which would make the 28 nosler a non magnum thus puts your comparison to non magnum “7”s back at 7-08 similar to a 28 nosler, so clearly i did read the whole post. Maybe a bit more reading is required by some. If one merely used a comparison to the “power” of a round instead of using “belted” as the standard to consider a cartridge a “magnum” then back n the day when a 25-06 first came out then it would have been considered a magnum comparing that cartridge to what was already available in a 25, it however was never referred to as a magnum. 7-06 vs 28 nosler, both non magnums, your statement not mine
7 RUM = Remington Ultra Magnum - not belted either, nor are any of the rest of the RUM or short RUMS. THE 375 H&H, 300 Holland, 338 Lapua don't have Mag in the name, some with belts some not but all clearly magnums. Magnum is NOT defined by a belt, though many have one, nor is it defined by whether it has Magnum in the name. I doubt anyone would class a 570 Nyder as not a magnum. There are probably more magnums without a belt than with one.

I would not, and nor would anyone I know, try to put a 7-08 in the same class as a 7 RUM or 28 Nosler, both of which are significantly over bore. Nor have I ever said or even implied they were comprable without a truly warped reading of what I have written. Not going to debate this further with you because you are intentionally trying to start an argument that has no merit and absolutely no point. It does not address the needs of the OP and is superfluous to this discussion, which is the merits of the 284 and potential loads for it.