Thread: Draws
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
i think there needs to be some actual thought and research into this system we have. for 3.65$ you are basically purchasing a priority point. we are leaving a lot of money on the table. we should be charging at least 50 for it.
i feel we need to allocate at least 20% of the available tags to random draws. i believe this would encourage people apply for the draws instead of 999 all the time.
i feel priority points should be capped at 10. current points should still be valid.
i think it would be good for some draws to be put on a 'one and you're done' basis. but the wait times are kind of already doing that for us.
i feel we should be able to apply for more than one elk draw. but the undersubscribed does help with that already to a point.
There has to be and Alberta resident hunters should be demanding this, is a requirement of residency for purchase of hunting licenses.
I feel Antlered Mule Deer should be a resident only license. but we could work into a partner license possibility with immediate family members.
i feel we need to some sort of harvest report implemented. all i want to say or have recorded is what was shot and which WMU. no how many days and all the other crap involved. you kill a deer and where. thats it.
i feel that folks that use the Green Zones for whatever purpose, be it hunting, quads, camping, firewood collection, fishing, should be required to have a WIN card.
thats my wish list.
You obviously don't understand why some people apply simply to boost their priority. It's not just because they need the priority to draw, it's also because many people need to co-ordinate with hunting partners, or with their employer, to be able to go when they draw. For that reason, some of us built more priority than required, to make sure that we draw when we want to. Having lottery tags won't encourage those people to try and draw if anything, more people will apply using the priority only choice, to make sure that they don't draw until they are ready. And except for a draw like the 437 sheep where new applicants will die of old age before they draw, priority caps will accomplish nothing.And by the way , there is no 999 code, it no longer exists, just like the FAC , that some people still talk about.