View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:44 AM

It's a bit tricky with animals, and not at all as clear cut as some think it should be IMO.

If John's horse jumps the fence, wanders onto the road, and wipes out the guy in the Civic, is John going to prison for murder as he owns the horse and it was his responsibility?

If I intentionally torment your dog till he bites me, should you be charged with assault?

If a vet gets kicked, can he sue for damages?

If someone ignores the no trespassing signs, cuts my fence, and enters my yard because they want to see my pet T-Rex, and it bites them, am I at fault?

If I'm walking my dog, on a leash, and someone approaches with their dog off leash, and I ask them to leash their dog as I'm training mine, and they completely ignore my requests and approach anyway with the 'ol "my dog is completely harmless, he wouldn't hurt anything", and my dog bites it, am I at fault?

Yes, these situations are fictitious, what single guy would drive a Civic right, but they are generally plausible situations that are not simple, yes/no judgement scenarios in my mind.