View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
When I was out there a few years back shooting gophers, a buddy of mine from Calgary brought his 308 CTR down to join the fun. Had a muzzle brake on it, and a fixed 10X US Optics scope. It was like calling in an air strike on the gopher mounds. lol I only took a few shots with it (LOVED the thing) and I can't honestly say whether or not the bullets hit the gophers...but they did kill them, and did leave a plume of white dust about 8' high. lol We were shooting from an elevated position, down into a valley. All hand loads.

He converted that gun to 6.5 Creedmoor (Bartlein barrel) before Tikka offered that rifle in the caliber. Really loved how slick that rifle was, awesome magazine, accurate, compact, reasonable weight~tons going for it. It's since harvested a mule deer.

Congrats on yours, my first Tikka is probably a year or so down the road for me. Mine will be a varmint in .204
I have a sako in 22,250 -I have tryed the lighter calibers-and 243--for yotes.But overall the 22.250 the most effective-Thats what years of experience has come down to---