View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellpastcold View Post
Yeah except that oil by rail doesn’t go to the west coast.
If you have proof of this please post it. We can always verify by asking Kokanee9, he’d know what’s in his trains. I personally doubt the claim but for the sake of another pro-pipeline perspective let’s pretend it is true. As noted in the flowing link (which I posted in the other current pipeline thread) the current Trans Mountain pipeline is running at capacity. If your claim of “no crude by rail to the west coast” is true then it means that the Lower Mainland and the Island has zero redundancy for domestic oil supply. Zero. Just the current 60 year old Trans Mountain pipeline. If there is crude by rail from Alberta getting through then of course there is some redundancy, but it’s still insufficient; the growing population there only exacerbates things. BC’s fuel consumption isn’t falling after all, it’s increasing. Fuel is being burned by David Suzuki’s maintenance crews and the jets he’s flying all over the globe, including to his recently revealed property in Australia; being green ain’t easy, ya know!

Current rail capacity in the US is being expanded along the Columbia River though, specifically to transport Bakken crude to Puget Sound area refineries.

https://achemistinlangley.net/2018/0...use-to-answer/