View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
You brought up the cost part, I replied to it. So what is a rifle worth? That's up to the owner. It does what it needs to do, that's it.
Ok, I’ll go along with you. How much food has to go into the freezer before you consider a rifle paid off?

Your last statement explains why you don’t understand why someone would buy high end firearms. Not that there’s anything wrong with where you’re coming from, the majority of people most likely share the same sentiment, it’s the fact you figure Everyone shares your view and you seem to have a hard time accepting some people have either more passion or skill or both in shooting than you do. You don’t seem to miss the chance to say how bad of a shot people are.

1” to 1-1/2” groups at 100yds is what anyone with any modern gun can pretty much shoot. A good marksman can shrink that down by a quarter inch, and if you add a good rifle to the picture you can shave another quarter inch off that. An acceptionally good marksman with a high quality rifle can shrink that down another quarter inch.

1/4” to 3/4” groups can be consistently shot when you have the right rifle, with the right ammo and the right guy behind the trigger.

If you buy a rifle, screw a scope on it and put it in the safe until Hunting season, the 1” to 1-1/2” group at 100yds is not only acceptable, it’s all you need. I was that way for years. It wasn’t until the last 10 or 15yrs that I started wanting to see little groups at 100yds, now I’ve progressed to wanting little groups at 1000yds, and I think it starts right when you bring your rifle home from the store.