View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
There is lots of crown land out west with which you can range your firearms whats the big deal....
The problem there is if you want to shoot restricted firearms, shooting them on crown land will cause you ALL KINDS of legal issues if you get caught.

On a side note, I find it interesting that the "journalist" and I use the term very loosely, chose to run his very biased article with only 1 side of the story. Sort of reminds me of Cukier and the rest of the anti gun crowd. Any responsible jounalist would have held the article back from print until the opposing party could respond. Being as the current president was out of town for the 1 day when this clown called and did not return the call immediately, the journalist opted to run the story with the no comment from MVMA.
Knowing that Joe HAS contacted the "journalist" makes me now wonder if the MVMA will get equal press? I am not holding my breathe here.

Personally I think if Combs and Boger were a tad more concerned about the club, and ALOT less bitter about being voted out of office they would NOT
have sought out the media as their soap box.

The fact that the " govenment fellow" meaning the CFC range inspector HAS recently approved the range for use in its current condition kind of speaks for itself.
We presented the "tube" idea to the CFC and he laughed and said "you ARE joking, right??"

Grass WILL be reestablished once all the grader work is finally completed.
I guess neither of these outspoken soap box clowns has even been around a site being developed. You do not get eveything all done overnight, it takes time and money to complete any major project.

The fact that there are more members from Calgary than in Olds is not brain surgery, there are more people in general in Calgary than in Olds, so to claim that 60 Calgary members came to the AGM is stacking is crap, just shows that apparently more Calgary members are willing to drive an hour away to have a voice in their clubs operation and decision making.

I noted at the last AGM Combs and Boger were NOT present to voice any of their concerns to the executive. I guess they prefer the media.

If the executive at the time the property was procured had been thinking clearly, or at all, they would NEVER have signed a deal with the county agreeing to sell the property back to the county in the future for the same price the club paid for it. Guess what, since the club purchased the property, property values have sky rocketed, but the MVMA can NOT make use of this increase in value because of the decisions of the very people who now are attacking the MVMA in the media.

Being as close to town as the club is, town expansion was imminent at the time the MVMA purchased the current land and at some time the club will be forced to move I expect. With the cost of land ever increasing to sign a deal with the county where the current property is not allowed to increase in value, thereby depriving the club of potential funds from 1 land sale in order to purchase another location seems to me to be rather odd, certainly NOT good management.

It kind of makes me wonder what their agenda is?????

Extreme Accuracy at Extreme Long Range