View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Default To bad some feel this way about fellow shooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn
" . . . This petty shooting each other in the foot does nothing to help anyone except those who are trying to disarm us all."
Exactly

When I grew up on our farm in SK I hunted and did a lot of shooting with my father, I was to young to get an FAC so it was all in my fathers name but my enthusiasm caused him to get more into the sport as it was something we both enjoyed and could bond over in the tumultuous teenage years. At the time I was into the fight against C-68 and did my share of letter writing and doing the little I could to preserve our shooting sports.

Then I left home and because I was no longer on my own property I got completely out of shooting for about 7 years. Had no idea where firearm politics where headed or what was new in the shooting world, was quite simply out of touch and really didn't care.

In 2005 I decided to get back into the sport and got my RPAL and a couple rifles. Been into the sport again and really enjoy it, may hunt big game again for the first time in over 10 years this fall.

However if the MVMA doesn't allow me to shoot there then my options really drop. APRA never even gave me the courtesy of a return email or phone call to my inquiries, TSE is convenient but pricey and limited to 50 meters. The Sibbald Flats public range is often crowded and sometimes downright dangerous.

With the increasing costs of the sport it really would not take much to get me right out of the sport altogether. If I don't have access a reasonably priced range I may as well sell my firearms, stop caring about hunting and firearm politics and spend more time playing Xbox.

I am 31 yrs old now so I have about 40 years to spend hunting and shooting. If you don't want me in your sport then let me know and I will enjoy the outdoors by getting back into rockclimbing and skiing, its a much cheaper and less legal hassle.

Last edited by surfclod; 09-19-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spleling