View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Chuck

Chuck, OI give you credit for sticking to this discussion as long as you did. I sort of bailed a while back. Looks like you, me Cat and a couple of others have finally got through to at least the majority of the people on here. I summarized my posts for ease of reading. These pretty much clarify the issue under discussion being: If the rifle is canted but the scope is plumb to the world, no meaningful POI shift occurs. If you cant the reticle, as little as 5 degrees can cause a miss of a man size silhouette at 600 yards.

To reiterate and summarize my posts -First being Post #11 of this thread
Post 16 still misses the point that when the bore and crosshairs are perfectly parallel, the only way that they can be aligned identically left to right, is if one is perfectly above the other. Amy other orientation results in horizontal offset, and any scope correction to compensate for that results in the crosshairs and bore no longer being parallel left to right. If they aren't parallel left to right,then they can only be perfectly aligned left to right at one point/distance. That is basic geometry, and it can't be changed. The only question is how much angular error is introduced to align the bore and crosshairs left and right. If it is a very tiny amount, it will likely not be noticed, but it still exists, there is no way to cant the rifle without introducing a horizontal offset.