View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
So you want wilderness with motorized vehicle restrictions? Not being a dick, but do you have a clue how much area is already restricted to motorized vehicle use in Alberta??
Not being a Richard, but my answer would be not enough land restricted? I have seen way too much of the Bighorn and other areas beat on from various offroad users (including my own use at times). It's been interesting watching the Ghost recover from the OHV and general motorized abuse. Lot more wildlife in there off the roads, way fewer random trails and junk show "campsites," noticeably better for visitors and animals. I don't hunt some of the places I used to because I don't want to cart a deer out that far, but there are definitely more deer and even the odd elk in there, which do fill out into the areas I hunt. I support the Bighorn proposal for the same reasons, I believe future Albertans will appreciate it as we do Kananaskis and the other park areas (many of which are still open to hunting, as the Bighorn is).