View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler_nation View Post
I just think that it is important to find balance.

I grew up hunting the lower Blackstone area. It used to be that Weyerhaeuser locked the gate and guys had to quad for miles to get away from the crowd. Every year we had to go further and further to carve out our own little piece of ground. Then they stopped locking the gate and things got really crazy. Suddenly, you could drive you truck to where guys on quads used to end their journeys. It made guys even more brazen (us included) and changed the nature of the country, how we hunted it, and how it felt to hunt it. We still had our share of success, but the experience had been diluted.

As I have matured I have come to realize that ATV's have a way of making country more accessible while making wilderness less accessible.

How much wilderness is enough? I don't know, but I do know that I have seen enough activity in our backyard to make me think that additional protections are not necessarily a bad idea. Apparently you do not share my concerns.
So you want wilderness with motorized vehicle restrictions? Not being a dick, but do you have a clue how much area is already restricted to motorized vehicle use in Alberta??