View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 02:09 PM

Exclamation BC Coastal fishing 2019 - the countdown has started!

140 days to 3rd week of May.

I am looking at May for 2 weeks, July 10 for 2 weeks, August for a week or so.

I am also looking hard into fishing Alaska for Halibut, am doing this without fail in '19.

Plans for the boat are fairly minimal, other than researching a new high windshield which will give me a hard cabin and real door, with actual heat.

Until I get that finished, I am going to be likely finishing the last 3 plastic windows with new Strataglas. I bought a 2000 Honda Generator for heat while out in the rain and cold, hope I don't have to use it. I am redoing the rain cover, liked it but last year was just a first run, I know what to change now.

I am trying to change out the main hold hatch so I can store the generator out of the way, possibly swapping out the trim sensors, other than that is is business as usual for me.

I am thinking of an inflatable for shore excursions and emergency use, with a new cabin it will be very easy but quite crowed right now on the roof.

Garmin has a new live fishfinder/sounder than looks very promising, actually shows fish swimming around under the boat. What we have now is absolute crap, I can see great bottom detail but if a whale swims under the boat nothing shows. Crap for a $3800 fishfinder.

Your winter plans for the boat and summer plans for fishing?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....