View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
I agree about Stealth Cams. I only have one, one of the higher end models. I bought it and was disappointed with it. It did not take too many pictures at all and practically stopped working at, I would say, below -10 Celsius, maybe even when the temps just drop somewhat below 0. I exchanged it within three or so weeks for the same model. The results were about the same so I thought it is what it is (it was my first camera). It was only after I bought a Bushnell and hanged the Stealth Cam on the same tree at the same angle staring at the same spot when I realized that the Stealth Cam is garbage, nothing more. While the Bushnell had about 100-150 pics (I can't recall exactly), the Stealth Cam had 7! (this number I remember, lol). Maybe I had two bad ones in a row. Could be. Regardless, I am not giving them any of my money ever again.

I also always wondered about those "no-name" brands on amazon. Never bought one fearing it will end up being junk or flood after the first rain.

I would say Bushnell and Browning are best bang for the buck, but they are definitely a little more expensive than those "no-names" on amazon. Though they can still be found on sale for $150-160 a piece. I would guess there will be one $100 off at Cabela's on the boxing day or around it.
That’s weird,I have an inexpensive Stealth(can’t recall model at the moment) and it is super sensitive.....too sensitive in fact,I got around 400 pics of grass swaying in the wind last summer.....and last winter it kept on working well past -20C....even below -30C iirc??