View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I wasn't aware that Demers was injured but I did look at his stats and that was the first that stood out, he is maxing out at 65 games a season and I imagine that is due to injury.

Draft picks....... If they Oilers used their picks to get a player now which improves their record, then that draft pick has less value. I think the Oilers are use to having and scared to trade away a 10 ten pick. Have a little confidence in the team and use that pick now to better the team.

We were all laughing and making fun of the Flames for having no picks last year...... who's laughing now?
It's hard to draft D men. It's only the very rare player that makes the jump directly from junior to the NHL, and they ALL have their struggles along the way (Dahlin included). It's far more of a long term game when it comes to drafting D men, so I'm on board with swapping a couple picks to shore up the D, IF, it's the right D man. (aka, NOT Reinhart)

I'd like to see Jones get into some game action while he's up. He's shown a lot of potential this year in Bakersfield.

Bear seems to have regressed, or he's having trouble getting back to 100% after his injury. Either way, he's slid a fair ways down the depth chart. Too bad, he looked really promising. Hopefully he'll get his mojo back.

There's a few others with potential, all will take time.

I have faith in Bouchard. He'll be part of the Oilers' top pairing for a long time to come, but he's going to have his growing pains along the way too.