View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler_nation View Post
I am certainly not suggesting that you are not cleaning up after yourself, but I think you would acknowledge that there are some who do not (hence your suggestion that the increased pressure elsewhere could cause those areas to be trashed). I the current draft appears to allow camping in the PLUZ and there is still a significant chunk of ground in the province where the type of random camping you describe is allowed. While I understand that this may make random camping more crowded and less convenient, and while I am sympathetic to the costs of formal campgrounds (particularly in our current economy) I am not convinced that this justifies not doing something that would appear to improve habitat and hunting/fishing in the province.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk
There is currently other land that one can camp and such, I don’t know if you heard but there are also preliminary consultations about the porcupine hills, the old man/Livingston basin, the nsr basin... pretty well much of the public land south of red deer out west so they’re working on our mountains and foothills being limited to access. You’re also dreaming if you think this will make hunting better (it may help fishing although access will be a pain) not only will some land be off limits many game animals do better in areas where we clear cut as it allows new growth as opposed to current practice of putting out fires. On top of that getting back into the bush many miles would put a good portion of those lands out of reach of most hunters and make the areas with decent access more crowded. I like wilmore and believe we should be doing some of that, these areas would likely look a lot more like kananaskis or Banff which would be kinda sad in my opinion. Then you have to take into account companies that will go under as a result and people put out of work but that’s a whole other angle.