View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler_nation View Post
I guess I look at it from the perspective of a guy that likes to hunt and fish more than anything else. In my experience hunting other wildland areas (assuming I can still hunt in this one) I think the quality of habitat and the hunting and fishing opportunities will likely be enhanced. If that is the case then that is my number 1 priority. My hope is that some balance is struck similar to the model used in a few other wildland park areas I have hunted where there is some limited quad access for those that choose to do it that way. On a personal level, I have seen so many issues (Jeeps crossing the south ram, unattended fires along the trunk road, tons of garbage left behind) that I don't think the status quo is going to be sustainable as our population continues to increase. I am not sure that it is a valid arguement to say ATVs and random rv camping cause damage, so we shouldnt change anything because that just focuses the damage on other areas. I think I would rather have a few Mclean creeks if that means I can also have a few Willmores.
Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk
I like you mainly like to hunt and fish those areas, I don’t even own a quad. However I do like to go camping out in that area so that I can go hunting and fishing which means bringing my family which means pulling the trailer, like most people I clean up after myself. A lot of my camping as well is done just east of the area which will now be overrun as people with quads will want to quad which is worrisome to me as realistically most of these issues could be solved with some simple enforcement. My main concern is simply getting out is getting more difficult in southern Alberta as campgrounds are perpetually full and they keep closing down areas where a person is able to go out and go camping and fishing. There are very few campgrounds in that area to begin with and the number of spaces that will be opened up won’t come close to approaching the number of people that would like to use the area. It also gets expensive when you pay $30+ a night and get virtually nothing for it other than being crowded in with everyone.

Last edited by slough shark; 12-06-2018 at 07:35 PM.